Unless you’ve inherited a ton of money or a collection of valuable items, most people need to spend money on inventory items in order to make money reselling those items. Most of the popular online arbitrage (OA) retailers now offer buy now, pay later (BNPL) options so you don’t need to use a credit card, take out a loan, or beg, borrow or steal money from friends and family. Below we detail the buy now pay later options and the stores that accept those payment methods so you can finance your online arbitrage purchases.
OA Retailers That Accept Buy Now, Pay Later
Some retailers have partnered with payment processor platforms such as Affirm and Klarna. Other retailers have their own in-house store cards with flexible payment options. And some retailers, such as Target offer both or several options for the win! We have segmented the buy now pay later stores by payment options.
Online Arbitrage In-House Store Card Retailers
In-house store cards usually have high-interest rates, so I don’t recommend using them unless you will be able to turn around and pay them off in a timely manner. The pros to in-house store cards though are they are pretty easy to get approved for with no credit or bad credit, and they often come with a rewards program so you earn free points for free merchandise or cashback on your purchases. The following online stores all offer their own store credit cards.
- Academy Sports + Outdoors offers a credit card issued by Comenity Capital Bank. Receive $15 off your first purchase, 5% off future purchases, and free shipping.
- Bed Bath & Beyond offers a store credit card and a Mastercard credit card.
- Best Buy offers a My Best Buy Credit Card or a My Best Buy Visa Card. They also offer Lease-to-own through Progressive Leasing with no credit needed and flexible payment options.
- Burkes Outlet offers a Bealls Family of Store Credit Card.
- Buy Buy Baby offers a store credit card and a Mastercard credit card.
- Home Depot offers a Home Depot Consumer Card through Citibank with 6 months of special financing on purchases of $299 or more.
- JCPenney has special financing available with their JCPenney Credit Card.
- Lowes offers 5% off with a Lowe’s Advantage Card plus 12 months special financing
- Macy’s cardholders get benefits galore including 20% off their first purchases.
- Newegg offers a Newegg Store Credit Card with no interest if paid within 6 months.
- Overstock accepts Lease-to-Own by Progressive Leasing as well as has a store card.
- Sephora offers a store credit card and a Visa credit card.
- Shop Disney offers the Disney Visa Card with no annual fee, 10% off shopDisney.com purchases, and 1% in Disney Rewards Dollars on all card purchases.
- T.J.Maxx offers a TJX Rewards Credit Card to buy now, pay later.
- Ulta offers an Ultamate Rewards Credit Card and Ultamate Rewards Mastercard
- Walgreens offers the myWalgreens Credit Card that earns up to 10% cash rewards.
- Walmart offers a Capital One Walmart Rewards Card with a $0 annual fee. Earn 5% cashback on Walmart.com, 2% cashback in Walmart stores, and 1% cashback everywhere Mastercard is accepted.
Online Arbitrage Affirm Stores
Affirm is probably the most popular buy now pay later method as there are no hidden charges, not even late fees. You can choose to make 4 interest-free payments every two weeks or choose monthly payments with easy, automatic payments and no hidden fees. We’ve created a list of the most popular Affirm stores for doing online and retail arbitrage.
- Buy Auto Parts
- Walmart – Affirm financing at Walmart is available on electronics, video games, furniture, kitchen & dining, toys, floor care, and tires.
Online Arbitrage Afterpay Stores
Afterpay pioneered a way to pay with no external credit checks, no interest, and no fees when you pay on time. Pay off your online arbitrage purchase over 6 weeks at any of the below Afterpay stores.
Online Arbitrage Klarna Stores
Klarna is a safe way to buy what you want today and pay it off over time. Split any online arbitrage purchase into 4 interest-free payments at any of the below Klarna stores.
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Buy Buy Baby
- Sneakers N Stuff
- Stadium Goods
- The Vitamin Shoppe
Online Arbitrage PayPal Credit Stores
If you have a PayPal account, chances are that you are approved for PayPal Credit. On purchases over $99, there is no interest if you pay off your purchase within 6 months. Interest is only charged if the balance is not paid in full within the promotional period, but minimum monthly payments are required. I recommend any of the following PayPal Credit stores:
- Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Ace Hardware
- Daily Steals
- Home Depot
- LTD Commodities– This store provides invoices for getting ungated in toys, watches & more!
- Sneakers N Stuff
- Stadium Goods
Online Arbitrage Zip Stores
Zip (formerly known as Quadpay) allows you to split any purchase at any of the Zip stores listed below into 4 installments spread out over 6 weeks.
Ways to Save at BNPL Stores
Besides taking advantage of our online arbitrage deals, there are additional ways to save money on your purchase which may help offset any interest charges you may end up paying. Here are our favorite ways to save when doing online arbitrage shopping:
- Cashback – Rakuten offers cashback on several online stores. Combine this with a store card or credit card that offers cashback to double-dip.
- Coupons – Most online arbitrage stores list coupons on the homepage of their website. Others may have a link at the bottom of the page to “Offers” or “Coupons”. If you have the Rakuten browser extension installed, any current coupons for the particular store you are visiting should pop up as well. If all else fails, you can search Google for coupon codes.
- Discounted Gift Cards – Chances are if you are financing, you may not have the means to buy discounted gift cards at CardCash or Raise.com ahead of time for your purchase. Both places offer gift cards at less than face value.